We used the virtual conference platform Socio to host all sessions and presentations, share speaker bios and presentation descriptions, post session information and poster presentations, host virtual networking events, and provide access to our exhibitors and sponsors. All registrants, both in-person and virtual, will have access to the Socio platform and all recorded sessions until August 31, 2021.
Socio, the conference app, is only accessible to registered attendees.
Continuing Education Credits
We were approved to offer up to 12 professional development credit hours for attending the entire conference, to include pre-conference workshops. Poster sessions are not eligible for credit.
- Certified Floodplain Managers: We have been approved by ASFPM to offer 12 continuing education credits. We will provide a Certificate of Completion documenting the number of hours for which you qualify.
- Licensed Engineers and Land Surveyors: We will provide a Certificate of Completion with professional development hours earned and other information to meet the self-reporting Continuing Professional Competency requirements.
- Planners: For AICP members seeking Certificate Maintenance (CM) Credits, we will provide a Certificate of Completion to document the number of credits for which you qualify. Use the Conference Id #9214681 to log your CMs (https://www.planning.org/cm/howtologcredits/). Please note: The Closing Plenary on May 12, ("Climate Communications through the Arts") was not pre-approved for AICP CMs. You may apply for CM credits for this session via self-reporting (https://www.planning.org/cm/logging/selfreport/).
Due to the hybrid nature of the event and to verify participation, we required both in-person and virtual attendees to complete a brief evaluation after each session for which they would like to receive credit.
- Links to the evaluation forms are posted in the "Description" and "Chat" windows in the Socio app for each session.
- Evaluation forms will be open through Monday, May 31, 2021 giving registered attendees an opportunity to view recorded session in the virtual platform.
- We will email electronic certificates in mid-June.
If you have specific questions, please contact Kirsten Lackstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.777.3463.